Tips For A Long Lasting Vehicle Wrap
Invest In Vehicle Wrap Upkeep: Get More For Your Marketing Spend
Even without proper upkeep, vehicle wraps and graphics are a smart investment for any business, capable of generating thousands of daily views and impressing local audiences more than big-ticket billboard displays (RYP & Becker Group, 2011).
In fact, according to a Media Asset Value Comparison by 3M manufacturers, vehicle wraps and graphics cost only $0.50 per 1000 impressions, making them nearly 50-times more cost-effective than television commercials and 7-times more cost-effective than on-premise signs.
But by following some simple tips for vehicle wrap storage and upkeep, you could boost your return-on-investment (ROI) even higher, reaping the benefits of vehicle marketing for a full 5 to 7 years. And best of all, it’s easy.
Read on to learn 5 essential best practices for vehicle wrap storage, cleaning, and maintenance, or call (317)-733-5800 to skip today’s lesson at SIGN-U and speak directly with a member of the Indy Sign Factory.
Keep Your Vehicle Wraps In Shape: Top-5 Tips For Long-Lasting Mobile Billboards
- Wash your vehicle wraps with care at the first sign of contaminants. The sooner you clean any dirt, sap, salt, and other contaminants off your wraps and graphics, the easier it’ll be. If you’re quick enough, a simple water rinse might suffice; if not, use a wet, non-abrasive detergent and a clean cloth to get the job done.
If you’ve left the contaminant in place long enough for it to “cure” or “cake on” to your wrap, try softening it with warm, soapy water. You may need to repeat this process a few times. Whatever you do, avoid using abrasive cleaners or too much elbow grease, as this could cause wrinkles, scratches, or tears.
- Immediately wipe away fuel spills. Ideally, gasoline should never come in contact with your vehicle wraps, as even a few drops of fuel can start to degrade the vinyl and underlying adhesive. But we’re only human, and spills happen, so what then?
Don’t worry—as long as you keep a rag handy at the pumps to wipe away fuel spills, and you make time to spot-clean the area at your earliest convenience, your wraps and graphics will keep looking great for years to come.
- Store your vehicle wraps indoors whenever possible. We use premium vinyl that stands up to the worst of Indianapolis weather, but it is still a good idea to store your vehicle indoors whenever it is not in use, as prolonged exposure to UV rays and atmospheric pollutants can degrade the appearance of your wraps, especially on horizontal surfaces (e.g. hood, trunk, and roof). If you do not have easy access to a garage, consider using a cloth cover, or ask our vehicle wrap designers to recommend some colors less prone to fading.
- Pressure-wash vehicle wraps responsibly. Our vehicle wraps are power-washer-safe, so long as you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. Generally speaking, it is recommended that you keep the water pressure under 2000 PSI, use a spray nozzle with a 40-degree wide angle spray pattern, and hold the nozzle at least 1 foot away from your wraps at a perpendicular angle. For product-specific power-washing recommendations, get in touch with our team.
- Use automated car washes with care. Not all car washes are created equal. Brush washes can cause lifting, dulling, and scratching. If you don’t have time for a gentle handwashing, find a touchless car wash option to keep your mobile billboards looking their best.
Optimize Your Vehicle Wrap Upkeep: Go Pro In Indianapolis, IN
The team at the Indy Factory has helped dozens of local business owners keep their vehicle wraps looking their best, and we can do the same for you!
For free quotes, product recommendations, and more maintenance tips from our experts in Indianapolis, IN, call (317)-733-5800 or fill out our online contact form.Back